PHOTO GALLERY: Dec. 24, 2011 FOXBOROUGH, MA. The Patriots defeated the Miami Dolphins 27 - 24 in a…
Game Balls & Goats: Week 16 Dolphins
1) Tom Brady -- Another 300 yard pasing performance after a slow start. Brady finished with 27 completions in 46 attempts doe 304 yards and 1 passing TD. He also rished for a pair of touchdowns on QB sneaks at the goal line, both crucial scores in the second half.
2) Wes Welker – 12 catches for 138 yards shattered the team record for most yards in a season by a receiver (Randy Moss 2007, 1,493). With 116 receptions, Welker is seven catches away from breaking his own franchise record 123 catches in a season. He lead the NFL with 104 catches headed into the season.
3) Patriots second half defense – Held the Dolphins defense to just 7 points after giving up 17 points in the first half. The team forced the Dolphins into desperation mode.
Rob Gronkoski - Finished with seven catches for 78 yards to break Ben Coates franchise record of 1,174 yards. Gronk has 1,219 with one game remaining.
1) Patriots first half offense – Failing to score on five straight possessions is a franchise first in 2011. The team could do nothing correct in the first half and looked listless on every drive.
2) Devin McCourty – As many good plays McCourty had on defense he had an equal number bof bad plays. Giving up
3) Rex Ryan -- The Jets fell to the New York Giants 29 – 14 to fall one game out of the hunt for a playoff spot. The Jets, who claimed they were Super Bowl favorites headed in the season, are in serious danger of missing out on the postseason.
Offensive line -- with all the injuries the patritos were in danger of having a loss they couldn't afford. The line couldn't protect Brady or open holes for most of the game. until the team went hurry-up, New England had no rhythm.
PatriotsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Waiver Wire Wednesday
Dr. Roto believes Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry will overtake WR Brian Hartline as the team's No. 2 receiver sooner rather than later. Stay ahead of the curve with Dr. Roto!Read More
Giants Strike First In Game One Rout
The San Francisco Giants came out swinging in Game One of the 2014 World Series, scoring three times in the first inning and never looking back.Read More
Three of earth’s best ingredients combined into one succulent strip. Tailgaters will bow in appreciation.Read More
National Anthem Played with a Gun!
Musical targets? Yes, this guy plays the national anthem while shooting musical targets.Read More
Late Season Eastern Steel
NAFC friend, Frank Scalish, is best known for his achievements as a professional bass fisherman, but when the weather cools, the tourneys are over and the last bass has been weighed, he dons waders,…Read More